- The rules for using our services
- What you can do with our content (share it, link to it, that sort of thing)
- What we can do with things you post or upload.
Your rights and responsibilities, basically – important stuff.
We’ve kept them as short as possible, and we’ve made videos for the complicated bits. So do read them, and check in for updates as the latest version always applies (we’ll usually only make updates when we release a new service, change how we provide a service, or have to comply with a new legal requirement).
When these terms apply
Read these terms before using our services. Whenever you use our services you agree to these terms.
You’re also agreeing to stick to our:
- Privacy and cookies policy
- House rules for comments and creations.
Read those too.
If you don’t stick to all these terms then we can suspend or terminate your use of services and your account.
When other terms apply
a. When you use services provided by UTNews or someone else
When you use someone else’s services or products, like a virtual reality headset, they will have terms for using them.
b. When you use services where we tell you they apply
Like when you enter a competition. If there are extra terms, we’ll always let you know.
Terms for using our services and content
A few rules to stop you (and us) getting in trouble.
These apply to our services and content. One exception is content that’s made to be shared – “shareables” for short – which has some different, more relaxed rules. The rules about shareables are here.
a. Don’t mess with our services
What do we mean by that? This sort of thing:
- Hacking them
- Trying to get around our content security technology (software that stops people copying our content
- Refusing to remove content, games or apps from your device when we ask you to. This might happen when we take down services. Which we can do at any time, without notice.
b. Don’t harm or offend other people…
…while using our services or content. That means:
- Don’t damage our reputation by associating us with sexism or racism, for instance
- Don’t get us sued – by defaming (damaging the reputation of) someone, say, or commenting on an active lawsuit
- Don’t harass or upset people
- Don’t post or upload anything offensive or obscene
- If you disagree with someone, attack the argument, not the person.
c. Play it safe
When you watch or play an app or game, be aware of your surroundings and use your device safely.
Don’t use our 360° and virtual reality apps if you:
- Are pregnant
- Have consumed anything that may affect your balance
- Have (or have had) a medical condition, like binocular vision abnormalities, psychiatric disorders, seizures or a heart problem.
Make sure you’re in a safe place, preferably seated.
Stop immediately if you feel:
- Eye strain
- Any discomfort.
Don’t take part in any activities where you need to focus straight after, or if you feel slightly dazed or confused.
d. Don’t pretend to be us
Except at fancy dress parties. That includes:
- Recreating a service or copying the look of a service
- Using our brands, trade marks or logos without our permission
- Using or mentioning our content in press releases and other marketing bumph
- Making money from our content or services. You can’t charge people to watch our shows, for example
- Sharing our content. Apart from shareables.